The weather has dropped significantly in the past weeks -- we went from summer-ish-winter to close-to-freezing-temperatures here in Atlanta. And while coffee, tea, and hot cocoa are staples for this kind of cold, there's also something comforting about a warm treat in the morning under a blanket with a good book.
I didn't have a staple recipe for coffee cake, so I did some scouring online and decided on using this one from AllRecipes, with a few modifications.
My boyfriend came over to pick up some slices (trust me -- I don't need to be alone with a full Bundt cake). He said something along the lines of, "It was excellent! And I consider myself somewhat of a coffee cake connoisseur."
To which, I, of course, replied, "...You do?"
"Well, yeah. I mean, it's better than Starbucks."
(In my baking defense, I do love Starbucks' coffee cake. So I'll take whatever compliment I can get.)
Here's an image + recipe for your Pinning, printing, and drooling. Recipe is typed below, also.
CINNAMON COFFEE CAKE
1 and 1/2 sticks butter, softened
1 and 1/2 c. white sugar
2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1 1/3 c. sour cream
2 and 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 c. white sugar
1/4 c. brown sugar
2 tblsp. cinnamon
Equal parts white sugar and brown sugar, with cinnamon, until pan is coated.
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Grease a bundt pan well; then pour dusting ingredients (mixed) into the pan and toss until fully coated.
3. Beat butter and sugar together until combined and fluffy.
4. Add eggs, one at a time, to butter + sugar mixture.
5. Stir in vanilla.
6. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and baking powder.
7. Pour flour mixture slowly into butter + sugar mixture, alternating with sour cream.
8. Once everything is blended, pour half of the batter into the pan.
9. Put filling ingredients together in a bowl and lightly mix with a fork.
10. Distribute filling evenly over the batter in the pan.
11. Pour the remaining batter on top of the filling.
12. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a knife inserted comes out clean.
Enjoy with coffee or tea + a good book. <3